Design Challenge 2017
Come and explore your retail design skills, we will execute your imagination and will honour you. We will give you nearly a century old stone building in the heart of Bangalore (St. Marks Road-MG Road) to test your creativity and convert it as retail space. The evaluation will be made based on the feasibility, innovation, eco-friendly material choices and uniqueness of the proposal and how it responds to the functional requirement.
Retail design challenge
- Project will be accepted in the category BambooPecker Retail design project - Predominant usage of eco-friendly materials like Bamboo, cane, mud, coconut fiber, etc, will be given higher preference.
- Entries are restricted to students of NID, Srishti and NIFT(Bangalore) and through nominations.
- Team submissions are welcome - up to 3 members in a team.
- All members of the team should register and the leader/representative of the team should communicate via email to email@example.com the number of members in the team and their names. Please send the email after all members have registered using the form at the end of the page.
- Members of a team cannot participate individually.
- A participant or team can submit up to two design proposals, and each proposal will be evaluated individually by the judges.
- Bamboopecker will provide the requirements that will you will need as inputs for designing the retail space. This will be given to you at the time of your showroom site visit on Feb 11th, 2017.
- All presentation sheets are to be formatted to a size of A3.
- Sheets may be oriented either portrait or landscape, however orientation must be consistent for entire project.
- Project sheets must include: Design concept (less than 250 words), Plans-Elevations-Sections as necessary, 3D images should be included with an informative description.
- Please keep in mind that candidate entries may be printed for display and/or promotional purpose.
- Please submit A3 presentation sheets in PDF format in either portrait or landscape orientation.
- All submissions must be sent electronically to BambooPecker at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A direct email may be used for entries under 20MB in size. For larger entries, please use Dropbox/cloud/WeTransfer or your preferred ways of sharing.
- A confirmation email will be sent upon receipt.
- If an individual or team is submitting two variations/proposals/designs, please send a separate email for each variation. The two submissions will be evaluated individually, hence a higher chance of wining.
- Please contact BambooPecker if you do not receive confirmation of your submission, or if you are in need of assistance.
- There are total two (2) rounds in competition.
- In first round, eight (8) Designs will be shortlisted.
- In second round, the eight (8) shortlisted participants provide the detailing to their projects.
- First three (3) award winning Designs will get shortlisted from the Round two (2) detailed designs.
- Registration deadline – 9th Feb 2017 (Registeration form at the bottom of this page @ )
- Site visit – 11th Feb 2017
- Round one (1) submission deadline – Feb 24th 2017
- Round one (1) shortlisted contestant announcement – Feb 27th 2017
- Round two (2) submission deadline – March 19th 2017
- Prize winner announcement @ NID – To be scheduled
The winners selected by the Jury Panel and BambooPecker will be announced in the convocation hall at NID. Winners and participants will be felicitated with certificate and prize money.
First prize - INR 15,000/-
Second prize – INR 6,000/-
Third prize – INR 4,000/-
Judging and Result~
- Any entry that does not meet all competition rules and requirements will be automatically disqualified.
- Projects will not be accepted after the deadline.
- All question and enquiries to be sent to: email@example.com
- Design Objectives (25 points): Clarity of project. Addresses project requirements and scope in concept statement.
- Aesthetics (25points): Overall visual success of the project using the principles and elements of design.
- Functionality (25points): Effective and appropriate use of materials, finishes, furnishing, lighting, space planning and detailing.
- Design Creativity (25points): originality and creativity in problem solving, material use and attention to detail.
Entries are evaluated individually and awarded points. Judge’s scores for each entry are totaled out of the four (4) 25- point section listed above. Totals from each judge are then averaged to determine the winner.
The judges reserve the right not to issue any award where the entry does not exemplify design excellence in accordance with judge criteria.
- Round 1 site visits: - Feb 11th 2017 (9am to 5 pm)
- Round 2 site visits: - Feb 27 to March 19th 2017 (9am to 5 pm with appointments)
Bamboopecker Flagship Store (Google maps - https://goo.gl/maps/rudriR3Nx6R2)
No.- 15 Madras Bank Road, opp. SBI Gate No 2 And 3,
Behind Nexa showroom, Near St. Marks circle,
Ashok Nagar, Bangalore, Karnataka 560001
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Suman - 9740013880
Amit - 7744083202
Still unable to reach us? Parameswaran - 9844777402
- Jan 30th - registration begins using e-link.
- Feb 9th - registration ends.
- Feb 11th - Site visit @ St. Marks Road, Bangalore
- Feb 24th – Round one (1) submission through email.
- Feb 27th – Jury selects eight (8) participants for the second round.
- Feb 27th to March 19th - as many visits by the eight (8) contestants.
- March 19th - Round two (2) submission through email
- To be scheduled – Prize distribution at NID